Friday, June 26, 2009

A last day guilty pleasure: Strippers vs. Zombies

It's my last day at work and I needed a guilty pleasure to tide me over the weekend. MJ's death and my subsequent Thriller MTV-aroused Zombie desires led me to my local import (Thank you China) store where I handed over 10 precious dollars for this gem of a B grade zombie flick: The gratuitously titled- ZOMBIES ZOMBIES ZOMBIES.

This is a movie so bad, that it's good. I kid you not.


A B-grade "homage" to Tarantino's Grindhouse: Planet Terror, the writing is actually half decent and the scripted dialogue actually manages to produce a few gems. Here's a taste-
  • Alex: Ow! You sure you know what you're doing!?
  • Stripper: Duh! I'm wearing a nurse's outfit..
While the acting is decidedly B-list, it's not evenly so across the cast, some of the actors excel in their roles (look out for the over the top Pimp "Daddy").

The plot's simple: a junkie looking for his high (and a score) rips off the local science lab where an experiment with guinea pigs has gone awry. His "crystal meth" gets into the hands of the town prostitute who then proceeds to smoke and overdose herself into a literal zombied state.

Little wonder that the resulting zombie virus transmits (much like aids) quickly through the local horny male populace and for an unfortunate few, penises turn into tantalising zombie sausages.

The DVD box art aside, you can expect very little nudity (VERY little for a over the top B-flick), nevertheless, the women are fairly attractive and while the movie kills braincells, that loss of grey matter is exactly what makes the film more entertaining as the movie progresses.

Acting: 3/5
Direction: 2/5
Dialogue: 3.5/5
Story: 2.5/5

Like I said, it's bad. But sometimes, being bad, can be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment