Monday, June 15, 2009

This just in: An example of Singapore's Shining Civil Service

Heard from a friend of mine who was having some family woes:

He had spoken to Mr Foo S. T., an officer with HDB-
X- "Hi, I'd like to initiate a special appeal. The flat is fully paid for, I want to buy out my father's portion."
HDB- "Why?"
X- "He's an undischarged bankrupt, he needs the money for living expenses and to feed his new family. My mom lives in Australia, a citizen there. They're divorced."
HDB- "Ah.. read the regulations on our website www.hdb.gov.sg the regulations are there."
X- "I understand, I'm not yet 35.. but i don't have a family nucleus either."
HDB- "Then you have to read our regulations. They clearly state.."
X- "I understand, I'm asking for your advice."
HDB- "Only other way besides reading the regulations at www.hdb.gov.sg, is that your parents have to die. Then you can buy your own flat."
X- "BUT i already OWN IT."
HDB- "Sorry. They have to dead. Or you can read our regulations at www.hdb.gov.sg."

No comments:

Post a Comment