Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dear Journalist...

It begins rather innocuously enough. I've spent a career in marketing and PR before serious dramatics from an ex-boss has pushed me over.

It began with "Dear Journalist", my ex-boss picked on me continuously. Yet 3 weeks ago, with a fated twist of irony, I received an event invite from ex-colleagues.

I love my colleagues, the ex-boss, not so much. I really didn't understand why, but you probably would. Why would two words: Dear & Journalist cause so much consternation?

Maybe it's because she gave me so much crap about it. Maybe it's the dawning realisation that she gave this leeway to my colleagues but continually rode my ass about it.

Maybe it's got to do with the fact that I was chewed out for, get this, "smiling too much."

It doesn't really matter now. Cos I'm out.

Thankfully, I've become a journalist. Either way, I forgive her.

Mostly, I pity her.

That dear person.

No comments:

Post a Comment